Terrarium UK Ltd t/a Urban Botanist has ceased trade and entered into liquidation.
We understand prior to cessation of trade, turnover increased significantly between 2020 and 2022 from a little under £200,000 per annum to in excess of £500,000 per annum. 2023 saw a big shift into corporate sales which not only increased significantly but also produced far more profitable business.
We understand there is significant SEO equity in the domain that would be particularly suitable for other plant gift centric businesses and the site still holds hundreds of top ten UK rankings, particularly in connection with terrarium and related phrases.
Robson Kay Associates Ltd act in the capacity of agent to the liquidator. We are instructed to invite offers for any such rights as the company may have to its intangible assets, which are understood to consist of the following:
• Any such rights the company has to the trading name The Urban Botanist and the name Terrarium UK.
• www.theurbanbotanist.co.uk URL and website associated with same.
N.B. Shopify will need to agree to the transfer of the domain. That will potentially require a little under £3,000 to be paid to settle outstanding debt. It is understood they may take a lower sum in full and final settlement. As with all the intangibles, the risk, responsibility & expense of transfers will vest with the successful bidder.
• Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn social media accounts.
• Customer databases in Excel spreadsheets, understood to contain approximately 10,000 B2C customers and approximately 500 B2B customers.
• Patent for the supply of fully assembled terrariums in the UK. Patent number 2522961. NB this patent is actually in the name of the company’s former director, however this will be transferred as part of the purchase, to the successful bidder.
• Trademarks connected to the company’s name, trademark numbers UK00003165896 and UK00003165897.
Passwords in relation to social media accounts will be provided to the winning bidder upon completion of the purchase.
The databases will be transferred on Excel.
Bids must be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than noon on Friday 5th May 2023. We anticipate contacting the winning bidder later that day with a view to payment and completion the following week.
All transfers are at the risk, responsibility and expense of the purchaser and no warranties can be offered in connection to the sale.
We will only consider bids for a fixed amount of money, which must be payable on day one before the assets will be transferred and title passes.
The winning bid will be subject to a 10% buyer’s premium with VAT then applying to the total.